setCapture() method is used to move all the control to an particular element when the mouse is clicked and to release it when the mouse is released.
- In the above example the div element is stored in elem variable (elem = document.getElementById("divID")).
- mousedown, mouseup and mousemove eventlistners are added for elem.
- When the mouse is clicked inside the div element mousedown event is triggered, within it funMouseDown function is called.
- In funMouseDown, setCapture() method is called and mousemove event is triggered, within it funMouseMoved function is called.
- Now, when the mouse is dragged inside the div element its x and y position are found and displayed.
- When the mouse is released mouseup event is triggered, within it funMouseUp function is called.
- Within the funMouseUp function mousemove Eventlistner is removed.