In a web page every element is represented through a rectangular box, the CSS display is used to specify how the rectangular box behaves.
display property has the following values.
- inline : It creates one or more inline boxes, similar to <span>. Height and width cannot be specified.
- inline-block : It is similar to inline, but height and width can be specified.
- block : It creates a block element similar to <p>.
- run-in : Depending on the content, it works similar to inline or block.
- none : Element is completely hidden.
This property is not supported in Internet Explorer, safari 8 and its older browsers.