C is a general-purpose programming language, developed in 1972, and still quite popular. The main features of C language include low-level access to memory, simple set of keywords, and clean style, these features make C language suitable for system programming like operating system or compiler development.
C is very powerful; it has been used to develop operating systems, databases, applications, etc.
What is C?
C is a general-purpose programming language created by Dennis Ritchie at the Bell Laboratories in 1972.
It is a very popular language, despite being old.
C is strongly associated with UNIX, as it was developed to write the UNIX operating system.
Why Learn C?
- It is one of the most popular programming language in the world
- If you know C, you will have no problem learning other popular programming languages such as Java, Python, C++, C#, etc, as the syntax is similar
- C is very fast, compared to other programming languages, like Java and Python
- C is very versatile; it can be used in both applications and technologies
Difference between C and C++
- C++ was developed as an extension of C, and both languages have almost the same syntax
- The main difference between C and C++ is that C++ support classes and objects, while C does not