replaceWith() method is used to replace a node or an element with another.
It replaces the whole element.
- In the above example, bold text is created id(id_b).
- In the function, we are getting the element using its id(document.getElementById("id_b");).
- Next we are creating a new element(document.createElement("u");), which creates an underlined content.
- Next we are creating a new element(document.createTextNode("New Content");), which adds content to the newly created element.
- In next step we are adding the new content to the new element created(new_elem.appendChild(new_content);).
- And finally we are replacing the old element, with the newly created element(old_elem.replaceWith(new_elem);).